- English First Additional Language
- English Home Language
a word group (phrase) that takes the place and role of an adverb. There are several different types of adverbial phrases:
- adverbial phrase of time, e.g. I will come before sunset.
- adverbial phrase of place, e.g. Please go to the car.
- adverbial phrase of manner, e.g. I shall work as hard as possible.
- adverbial phrase of condition, e.g. I shall help you if possible.
- adverbial phrase of purpose, e.g. I asked you to come here to help you.
- adverbial phrase of reason, e.g. I helped her because of her need.
See bottom or low-angle.
register that uses correct grammar and conventions of style and maintains a distance between the...
See Shakespearean sonnet.
activities you do before reading a text, including skimming, scanning and predicting. See skim,...