- English First Additional Language
- English Home Language
the letters added to the beginning of a root that change its meaning. The most common prefixes are:
- ante- meaning before, e.g. antediluvian
- pre- meaning before, e.g. pre-war
- demo- meaning of the people, e.g. democracy
- il- meaning not, e.g. illegal
- multi- meaning many, e.g. multi-dimensional
- tri- meaning three, e.g. tricycle
- bi- meaning two, e.g. bicycle
- non- meaning not, e.g. non-event
- ir- meaning not, e.g. irregular
- semi- meaning half, e.g. semi-circle
- in- meaning not, e.g. incapable
- mis- meaning wrong, e.g. misplaced
a long speech by a single person.
when a negative is added to the verb, e.g. I will not go, do not go (or, donâ??t go).
adverbs that are modified to show a relative degree of comparison. There are three degrees of...